Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More from My Mom

Okay after a bit of an intervention tonight, I’ve decided to participate in my own blog not because I am egomaniacal (well I actually am), but because I have felt badly that I haven’t been able to respond to everyone’s kind wishes and questions.
 
It is after midnight, but I figure I will be sleeping through most of tomorrow so no need to hurry to bed right?  Jen has certainly told you more than enough.  I don’t have much time to write more because it is a full time job monitoring any new emerging symptoms.  I thought you might like to know, however that my bp is 140 over 90, I have an emerging zit on my chin, halitosis, and a hang nail on my big toe (my real big toe that is).
 
Seriously, I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to know of all your love and support.  Thank you!  Occasionally there are moments where I search for my “happy place” and you are all there with me!  And…if any of you ever have to go through even a fraction of this, I hope you will have a daughter and spouse as wonderful as mine who know just when to make jokes and when to distract and when to dispense sleeping medication, two teenage boys who endure the frequent use of the word ‘breast’ and give you hugs when you are sobbing, a missionary who knows just the right things to say, and two affectionate cheer pixies as cute as ours.  Oh and a mother and father who have already brought me 4 meals!!! And family and friends as kind as you have all been.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment